Friday, January 30, 2009

Weird week -

Yeah, so it has been a weird week here at the Trent household. Shortly after my last post - well, actually RIGHT after my last post, Brody was sleeping soundly in his crib, when suddenly he was screaming like crazy. So, I was thinking teeth/ear infection/normal stuff, but then realized this was no normal situation. Things were so bad and went on for so long that Corey and I almost took him to the ER. 45 LONG minutes later he was back to sleep and slept for the remainder of the night. Weird.

We had a big ole ice storm here in Texas. Many would think it was the Antarctic around town. This place just shuts down. We hunker down in our houses, light up the fireplaces, and start eating homey foods. We ended up doing that for 2 days because we were blessed with 2 days of freezing cold weather. I picked Logan up from school early on Tuesday and we stayed home till Thursday. Weird.

We didn't get out of our pj's all day yesterday. Many of you who work might think I kick it like that all the time. Believe it or not, we really don't usually :) On Wednesday night Logan woke up in the middle of the night and ended up in my bed. I am not a big fan of the family bed, so you know the situation was serious for him to be snuggling up with me. Yes, he only snuggles with me (Not Corey) and it is like we are glued together. This doesn't make for the best night sleep on my end...at all! Logan woke up yesterday morning and the first thing he said to me was "momma hold me." Weird.
Then he puked shortly later, right in my bed. Well, actually it was on his blankie, but blankie was on my bed and that was just too close to my sheets - so the whole room got a bath. Puke seemed to be everywhere - on my arm, my foot, Logan's pj's, my floor...heck, we might have even gotten some of it in the toilet??? I think I passed the puke test. I haven't been tested recently, but I didn't end up losing my breakfast over it - score, right??? Anyways, Weird.

Weird, wild stuff here at the Trent's!

2 comments:

Graham said...

Jess- the same thing happened with Jack the night we decided he might be lactose intolerant. We almost went to the ER too and finally he went to bed. He was up for about 4 hours though but it was odd. I am so sorry they both felt bad. I can't wait to see them!

The Zipser Family said...

that doesn't make for the most fun week! I hope it gets better. Hope to see you soon!