Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, so it is a little belated...actually, quite a few of my posts are according to my fans. (I heard ALL about my delay on posting from my future brother-in-law, and my sister, Emily over my vacation.) Anyways, on to my post:

Christmas was especially enjoyable this year. We had a great time with both sides of our family and got lots of neat things. Logan and Brody are still thoroughly enjoying their new things. Logan wants to sleep with his new toys every night. I have to tell him "no" to tractors and things he could get injured with during the night.

So, what did I want for Christmas? Well, I told Corey I didn't want one single thing. We have so much STUFF anyways! Stop the madness, right? Well, my crafty hubs, found the perfect gift for me - one of my bff's, halfway across the country. So, on Christmas day, Corey gave me a picture frame to open with this oh so sweet poem inside. The poem told me that he and my bff's hubs had planned a trip for us to meet halfway between Texas and Indiana...in Memphis! Wow! What more could a girl want - a great Christmas and a trip to go and see Joy and her boys? So exciting! I will post pictures soon about the trip and lay it out in detail.

After returning to Dallas for a day the fam arrived in time for New Years Eve, prior to going out to the ranch for my Granny and Papa's "burial" of sorts. We had a fab time out at the ranch with everyone. Lots of food, fun, and sun this trip - it was close to 80 degrees outside! Beautiful! Mom even set up a scavenger hunt for the group and it was a hit! (I was on the winning team of course - in your face teams 2 & 3!!!)

We are currently in Houston for the dedication of a garden out at my grandparents nursing home. The boys have been partying like rock stars over the past week or so. Logan is expecting chocolate milk or Sprite with every meal, and sweet treats are expected as well. (Stop the madness!) I am ready to sleep in my own bed again and get back in a routine :) Thanks to all who have made our travels a success. Thanks also, to all of those who helped Corey and I with the boys over the past week or two. We truly couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Shout out.

And I believe I am not the only one who feels strongly about your blog...