Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mom -1 to Logan -1

Well, the score is kind of tied up. Logan wore his St. Ann's shirt reluctantly on Thursday, but at least he didn't wear the jersey twice in one week. (He would have preferred to do so!) Logan had a good week at school although he is definitely "adjusting" to the new schedule and happenings. Bless his heart, he has a new class, new structure, new friends, new sleep schedule, etc. BMOC (Big Man on Campus) has had a big week!

We have had a super fun weekend thus far. We went to the St. Ann carnival last night and Logan got to ride on his first roller coaster. He was so brave he even put his hands up. Yes, I think now would be a great time to include a picture of the event, but I will get to that shortly. He and Corey also rode on the teacups and went down the "fun slide." Today, the boys and I went to the museum and the Nasher sculpture garden with Mimi. For all of you who live in the Big D, the first Saturdays are free and so fun! I would highly suggest it. We had a ball!

I have also started marathon training. Emily, a couple of our neighborhood friends and myself started training 3 weeks ago. Today we did 5 miles and I can definitely tell it has been 5-6 years and 2 kids since my last one. Please keep us in your prayers - we will need them!

Okay, so I had a bit of a mishap with the camera. Although some of you might think this is very funny I am trying dilligently to laugh at myself. In hurrying out the door and trying to get both of the boys in the car and into their car seats I dropped the camera which fell underneath the car. Logan was having a hard time listening so I got distracted and I literally RAN OVER THE CAMERA. Now, I have really been camera challenged anyways. We lost one in the RV we rented a couple of years ago and this one was a replacement. SO, until we get a new one the blog will be a bit picture deficient :(

4 comments:

Emily said...

Shot out...thanks!

We need to plan another night to have dinner with you & the boys! I can come up your way this time.

Joy said...

The carnival sounds waaay fun! I'm certainly going to miss pictures, so you need to get on a replacement for the replacement quickly.

Joy said...

hey... i forgot to also say how inspired I am by your running. i walked this morning for the 1st time (an annoyingly slow pace at that!) and my gut hurts, but it felt good to do something about this body. Seth and I are shooting for a 1/2 marathon in May. anyway...nice job, friend!

Graham said...

You are so sporty! You are my idol! :)