Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big week

So it has been a pretty big week overall. Week 2 of school, Daddy took Wednesday off, and Brody had his 9 month appointment today. Shoot, it isn't even Friday yet!

So Corey and I took the boys on an adventure to our local skating rink. I think all parties involved had a great time. The skating rink is in a VERY sketchy part of town. Seriously, this place has been there for probably 30 years, and I think the floors are original - yick. Anyways, they had "stroller skate" which I had heard about from another of my mom friends. Corey was quite apprehensive, especially after walking in being the only ones there to skate. Yep, we had the place all to ourselves. We skated in which ever direction we wanted, had the stroller on the rink with Brody's hair flapping in the wind. Logan did great too and didn't fall too much along the way. I must also give skating props to my hubs, he was even skating backwards. Quite a roll back to his "formative years" as my dad would say :)

Today was Brody's 9 month appointment at our pediatrician. I LOVE my pediatrician. She is a family friend, came to our wedding and is just a great doc as well. Brody has had this ongoing breathing issue since he was 4-5 months old. We at one point did breathing treatments thinking it was a respiratory infection, but it really hasn't gotten a ton better. Anyways, we are now going to see a pulmonologist next week. The really crummy part was that he had blood taken to get lab tests done. For all of you who have had shots done on your little one, you have NOTHING on me. Little bear just SCREAMED. The nurse was trying so hard to get a vein and she is really good at doing so, but his arms just wouldn't cooperate. I mean, imagine your arm getting pricked, then having someone digging around in there trying to find a vein - then switching arms and doing it all over again. Poor thing! Then he had to get a finger prick, then he had a shot as well. Needless to say, in all of his 9 months he has definitely had better days.

1 comment:

Joy said...

How come I didn't know about this breathing issue? We clearly have not communicated enough (and we do pretty well!). I feel your pain a bit with the giving blood. Grant to this day still remembers the nurse that always had to prick his finger when he was anemic for a bit. YUCK!