Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jammin' June

We have been CRAZY busy over the last couple of weeks.  Last weekend my mom, sisters and I took off down to San Marcos for a girls weekend.  Mom & Al needed some new outfits for wedding events and all of us could use some new things at the MOTHER of all outlet malls.  The girls and I also made time for a nice dinner, the riverwalk, shopping, a dip in the river, and a wine bar.  FUN!  We had a great time - even more fun than I expected to have!  (And we got outfits for the wedding events too!)  Pictures hopefully to come - check back soon!

Last week was also tons of fun.  We went to two waterparks as well as the cowgirl museum.  We have also been by the pool every night.  The boys and I were all tuckered out.  We have all been taking the occasional nap in the afternoons.   Logan has been going to daycamp at the YMCA this week, so again he is one tired Indian :)

I just got back from Chicago.  I was blessed to meet my bestie Joy in Chi-town.  I was blessed for two reasons...one, I am blessed to have the sweetest sista and hubs to allow me to go boy-less.  Two, I am blessed to have such a great best friend - 10 years later!  This summer marks our 10 year anniversary of meeting as consultants for AXO.  Things have changed a lot since then...husbands, kiddos, being grown up little mommas!  

We had a great time.  The first couple of days we did a lot of running around town, then we tried to squeeze some relaxing in.   We spent time at the beach, the museum, shopping, the movies, at restaurants, Frank Lloyd Wright-seeing, and also hot tubbing and sleeping too!  It was wonderful - I must again thank Emily and Corey for making the trip possible.  Sorry, no pics from this trip, neither one of us brought a camera :(

1 comment:

Emily said...

Anytime, sister, anytime at all! It was much needed Auntie Em time. Love those boys :)