Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Are we having fun yet?


Last week Mom and I had the pleasure of trying to educate nine 4 year-old boys all about God. We had Vacation Bible School last week and it was a treat! By the last day my mom made the comment that Friday was the worst day times 10! She also mentioned that even her grandson was a challenge. (Which was warranted on her behalf!) I think all of the boys learned a little something and Mom and I had a number of laughs!

So we have a few things happening at the Trent house right now. First, there is a significant bathroom project that is in the works in my bathroom. This is going to be FAB once it is done - the during is the part that stinks. We had someone do the tile and it took about a week and a half. We have torn out our shower, tub, and sinks. The tile guy replaced the shower and tub. We are going to put in a vanity instead of our previous counter/sink set up. Auntie Em and I are going to texture and paint the walls prior to the vanity being put in. Phew, there is a lot going on in there. Needless to say, I miss having 2 bathrooms! Here is a picture of my "apprentice" helping to rip down the wallpaper border.


Second, we are in diet boot camp during breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. The boys are trying new things at each "feeding time." (I know, you thought I was talking about my diet!) Brody really doesn't like any meat or very few fruits and veggies...which just really doesn't work. My pediatrician is convinced that this kid will eat new things when the smack down is put on him. Too bad she isn't administering the feeding times! Below is a picture of Brody being sad at dinner. (Keep in mind dinner was chicken breast with raspberries and edamame...) Seriously, could you resist this face? Both boys were screaming at afternoon snack this afternoon. But hey, surely someone will find something different they like, right???




Today I was "Sporty Spice" all day long. My day went something like this...1) a 3 mile jog 2) a swim in the pool to rinse off 3) a hike with Logan and his friend Evie 4) another dip in the pool ----and this all happened before 1pm! Woo hoo - we are having a fun summer! I think I am off to finally take a shower, I think I stink!

No comments: