Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday bliss...

I am officially the big 3-2.  Things have been going really well thus far entering into this new year.  Corey got me some flowers and a SUH-WEET pedi on my birthday.  On Auntie Em's birthday, we went on a birthday adventure to a petting farm.  Things went really well - it has been abnormally nice outside and all have been trying to take advantage of it.  Tomorrow is Auntie Al's big day, and we are going to start things off with a birthday breakfast at Mom's house.  She is making all of the old breakfast favorites from my childhood, including crepes!  Yummy!  Here are some pics of the petting farm, please note Logan's sporty socks that he insists on wearing up to his knees:
We are still in the midst of the bathroom remodel - mainly because I have been taking my time painting and texturizing the walls.  I have to send out a serious shout out to my sis Em.  She is on her summer break and has been in the bathroom that we have so kindly given the name "sweat shop" for a few days now.  Seriously, we were texturizing and painting morning/noon/night.  I must say that things really look TOTALLY different in there.  I am psyched about the end result of our efforts.  We have just a few details to take care of prior to the big reveal.  If we were dedicating our bathroom like you dedicate libraries - we would have to dedicate the Trent master bath to Auntie Em for all of her hard work.  Thanks again Em!

There has been a dark cloud of sickness that has seemed to loom over 1808 Sumac Dr.  Initially, it started with Logan having a cold - which randomly took a turn into a stomach bug.  Next it was Brody - who also had the same symptoms, except his seemed to last quite a bit longer...1 week of a cold, then another week of stomach issues.  Seriously, it seems as though poo was everywhere.  At one point during church it was on Bear's shorts, the floor, the changing pad - oh, heavens!  Now Corey is finally trying to shake the end of the funk.  I am praying for my crew to get well and stay well.  I am so thankful for our typically healthy residence!  

Tomorrow I am really hoping to sleep in.  Now, some of you might think, no way!  Logan consistently wakes up between 6:30-7ish and Bear sleeps in until 8 or so.  I set up a "picnic" of cereal and milk for Logan to get out all by himself.  We are also going to set up the TV so he can watch his show when he wakes up...fingers crossed...no whammies...come on 8am!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I am so honored! I may end up moving into that bathroom because I have become so fond of it. :)

The Zipser Family said...

Happy Birthday!!