Friday, June 19, 2009

The sky is falling...


Last week there was literally a tornado right here in the Mound. Now, the tornado wasn't on our street, although if you saw my street you might think so. There are trees, limbs, roof shingles, fences - everywhere. We were extremely blessed to not have any significant damage following the storm. We all did take cover in our "safe place" after hearing the tornado sirens and seeing my backyard furniture FLY across my backyard. I truly can't imagine how Dorothy felt!

Corey and I were blessed to celebrate our 7th year of marriage together. I know, we can't believe it has been 7 years either! Auntie Em was sweet enough to offer to babysit for the occasion and we went out on a date night. We went to dinner and a movie, which doesn't often happen with kiddos. (For all of you who are preggers out there, get your movie going on!) We had a lovely evening and were so lucky to be able to have a night out sans kids! Thanks again Em!

This week has been full of adventures. Our pool was broken, which is a pretty big deal mid-June with 100 degree days. It just wasn't clean, which meant Corey and I were cleaning it with the brush and net - - - ugh! Additionally, even worse, our AC has been out for the past 3 days. The AC people have come out 2 different times to have the same result...HOT HOUSE. Mom let us stay at her house last night so we were far more comfortable than we would have been on Sumac. I think we are going to take the plunge and invest in a new unit...ours is 13 years old and has been through the ringer!

The boys have been taking swim lessons this week and have done great! I just love our swim teacher and she has truly done wonders again this year. Logan is working on his form and is now swimming on his back. Brody is also doing awesome. He knows how to hold his breath and pseudo-swim. I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the progress he has made. I was initially going to wait to do lessons until next summer, but I am so glad I changed my mind. He is truly a little fish!