Thursday, February 19, 2009

Healthy Trents...

I try to keep this fam as healthy as possible. Although I do appreciate the exposure to germs, it is a necessary evil. We try diligently to kill those germs before infection sets in. Although, I was thinking to myself today, really, why bother? Logan went potty in Wal-Mart today. (Yes, we have now gone 4 straight days without an accident...again, celebrate the little successes!) So he goes to the bathroom and of course touches the bathroom lock, flusher, then sink prior to "cleaning" his hands. So, I am thinking - fab, we have clean hands, let's get out of here...and then, and then, and then, UGH - HANDS ON THE TRASH CAN - YICK! Just when I thought we were in the clear, it was a "goner" as we say in our house. So that is when we try the sanitizer route. Oh well, just hope for the best I guess!


We are also implementing the fruit/veggie snack a day rule. We do 2 snacks daily around here. (Which means 5 rounds of eating per day - it is a lot of eating in general) My boys would be happy to eat carbs and fun snacks for each snack...goldfish, teddy grahams, granola bars...the list goes on and on. The boys will now be partaking in a fruit or veggie for one of our snack rounds - and they are gonna like it! There might be some whining, but I think we can rock this out.

Now after reading this say a prayer that my boys stay healthy - I hope I didn't just jinx us :)

No comments: