Monday, February 23, 2009

Exterminators

Logan and I went on the hunt this week for the monsters that have inhibited his room. Now, many of you are thinking "there are no such thing as monsters, silly." Well, that is what Corey and I have been saying for approximately one month. Additionally, during that month the monsters were waking him up 2-5 times per night. It is kind of a vicious cycle. He wakes up, gets scared, wakes me up, I tuck him back in, get back in bed, almost fall asleep, and he comes back in again for the cycle to start all over again. It is very frustrating for me - especially since the monsters seem to leave Corey and I alone.

Logan and I took action this week to hopefully stop this madness. One of my sorority sisters sent me monster extermination tactics to enforce in my own household and we thought it would be good to give it a try. First, we sprayed "monster potion" in every room of the house. The monster potion smelled really good and of course monsters would hate that! (The monster potion was Pottery Barn room spray with a nifty label made by yours truly.) And then we made a "Monsters Keep Out!" sign to post on Logan's door. He went to bed feeling more comfortable with the tactics - - - we'll see!


Day One: Logan slept through the night :) Woo hoo!

Day Two: God is so good to me - still sleeping through the night! Wait, should I be talking about this? Shoot, I shouldn't have talked about it...I hope this doesn't jinx me! So silly, I feel like I slept 18 hours straight without the interruptions.

Day Three: I spoke too soon - we had an additional "guest" in the floor of our room...the saga continues!

Additionally, I thought I would add this picture of busy little Brody Bear. He found the Q-tips under Corey's bathroom counter and helped himself. How could you be mad at this???



We also want to wish our Nana a quick recovery from her surgery this week. We have you in our prayers and hope you feel 100% soon!

No comments: