Sunday, March 22, 2009

Have you ever?

Have you ever felt like you "stuck out like a sore thumb" in a situation?  Well, that very thing happened to me this weekend.  I woke up bright and early to head to the YMCA for "Instructor's choice" class at 8:15 on Saturday.  I thought I was doing myself a good thing, when in fact, I had no idea I was stepping into a whole other world all together.   Have you ever heard of "around the world, the charleston, a kick out, over the top?"  Well, I hadn't either - and apparently it is like a secret language among this select group of individuals who attend Step class on a regular basis.  I really felt like I was in a drill team, and everyone else knew the routine but me.  I guess that either I am highly uncoordinated - or I need a tutorial class to get me up to speed on this stuff.  Just when I would finally understand how to do the charleston while using the bench, she would move on to the next method of torture. 
During the class the instructor had us run a few laps around the track which I completed pretty quickly.  I was briefly proud of myself then realized I should have more energy than the rest of the class because I wasn't doing any of the step aspects of the class.  After my hour of humiliation the instructor asked if I would be staying for the next class - SERIOUSLY?  There are people that subject themselves to not only one but TWO hours of that?  Needless to say, I will not be attending "Instructors Choice" again any time soon!

1 comment:

Graham said...

I love it and wish I was there to go with you!!!!!