Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter madness

Well, it is about the time of year for the Easter bunny to make his appearance.  We have already been blessed to attend 2 hunts this year!  Brody is enjoying the fun, and although I should have pictures of these events, I don't.  The first hunt, I was helping to put it on, and things were a little crazy prior to the actual hunt.  Let's just say that I have serious respect for the big bunny and I can only imagine what it would be like to put out about 300+ eggs for 30ish kiddos.  Logan was so excited that initially he said "I'm excited" and then shortly after asked if he should be scared.   I just think he was trying to find another word to express his excitement.  It was a beautiful afternoon enjoyed by all.  

The second hunt, wasn't nearly as much of a success.  We got there right in the nick of time for it to start and at that VERY moment, Logan decided to turn into a cling-on.  He wrapped himself around my legs and started being shy...which doesn't work well for the egg hunt atmosphere.  They said "on your mark, get set, go!"  and Logan just looked up at me.   I encouraged him to go get the eggs and even went with him and we were able to pick up 5.  To some this might be a victory, but we were supposed to get 15 so Logan burst into tears.   The wind was blowing like a hurricane and since Logan chose not to wear a jacket, he was also freezing to add to the drama of the hunt.  At that very moment we decided to "take it to the house" and call it a day!   Even if Logan hadn't had enough - I had!

I headed out to the ranch this weekend to play with the girls.  I went out with the sisters and a couple of their friends.  I giggled quite a bit this weekend and had a blast.  We played board games and went fishing.  I caught 3 fish with 2 casts - seriously.  Just call me Jimmy Dance - or whatever that famous fisherman's name is.  We ate all weekend and also enjoyed some adult beverages as well.  We even made time for a quick stop at the Ghosttown museum in Thurber, TX.  Did you know that Thurber had over 10,000 people in it's population at one time and now the population is 5?  Strange, but true :)

Have a great Holy Week!

1 comment:

Graham said...

I love little Logan! Of course I love Bear too! Miss you!