Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break

Is Spring Break ever really a break?  I guess it is a break from school for some.  (Like my sister Em who is partying like a rock star in Rome right now!)  Our fam went in a number of directions for Spring Break this year.  Logan went with Grammy, Pa, Stacy, and his cousins to Fossil Rim park on Monday and got back on Wednesday.  Corey went to join them to enjoy fun in the sun with the dinosaurs.  All had a great time and everyone is going to bed early tonight...including Corey and I.

Mimi, Brody, and I trekked it down to Austin/San Marcos from Monday thru Wednesday.  We did swing by the LBJ Library on our way down to get our "tourist card" punched.  Then the shopping began at the San Marcos outlets.   If you haven't been before, these things 
are SERIOUS.   It is like 3 malls in one...and our favorite White House/Black Market always pleases our crowds.  Mom and I kept the place in business.  
Then tragedy struck on the way home from Austin...I got yet another TICKET.  I was going 81 in a 70 and he gave me a ticket.  Can you believe that???  I clearly cannot!  This is my 2nd ticket in a 6 month time period.  Boy it sure makes me grouchy!  Corey was so glad we were home that he wasn't even mad about it.  What a sweet hubs I have!  I will also add that we saw 10 cops on the way home though, so I was in good company :)  I am in a better place about the whole thing, really.
The drive from San Marcos to Dallas is about 4 hours long.  After about 2 hours, Brody was just about done with the whole "passenger" thing.  Additionally, the portable DVD player has been on it's last legs over the past couple trips we have taken.  The DVD player "bit the dust" as Daddy would say on the way down to San Marcos.  Mom and I took drastic measures
 to get home and swung by Best Buy to get a new one. (Hey, we would need a new one anyways, right?)  

2 comments:

Graham said...

You did some serious damage! :) I am so jealous! You didn't tell me about the ticket! Poor thing!

Emily said...

I am glad your trip went well. I can't wait to see your purchases & not to mention you! Give the boys a squeeze for me.