Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years Eve!




Tonight is NYE and boy how things have changed! We don't have ANY big plans tonight other than to hang out with the fam. After the Christmas festivities, I think we are all excited to get a little R&R around here. Looking back on 09', I think I am pretty excited about the year. Things went really well for us. Our fam was happy and healthy for the most part and Corey and I have made it through another year of parenting. (I was surprised we made it through year 1, now we are 5 years in!)

Christmas was a blast for the boys this year. Logan really is getting the whole Santa gig. We were very blessed with all of our gifts. I just tried cleaning out a few of Logan's "old toys" (aka Happy Meal toys and other toys he hasn't played with in years) with no avail. Reminder to self for next time: no help needed from LT. I watch the show "Hoarders" and Logan has some of those similar behaviors. Also, if you haven't watched that show - please do, it is quality television at it's best :)

School is about to start up after the break and I am a little sad for LT to go back. As much as he and Brody have been at each others' throats, it is nice having him around full-time. (Now is when I get all boo-hoo-ish about him going to Kinder next year...)

We had a family filled break with lots of surprises. First, we helped throw a surprise party for Corey's mom's 60th birthday. Next, we flew Corey's Aunt Phyllis in on her birthday to really surprise her. Finally, we threw Auntie Em a graduation party to celebrate her getting her Masters Degree - THEN my Aunt Peggy flew in for the shin dig. Can you believe all of that has gone down in the last 3 weeks??? I can't! We haven't been around our house much with all of the celebrating, so again, we are looking forward to hanging at the house tonight! For all of you partying like rock stars - Happy New Years! Have fun and be careful tonight!

1 comment:

Joy said...

So fun! I love the scooter pic...Brody is ready to go and looks so serious about it. Miss you friend!