Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seriously?

School days, school days, good ole' golden rule days!  School is back in session for my big guy. He started Wednesday morning in the 4 year old class.  Next year he will start kinder - - - WHAT?  I know, I am getting ahead of myself...but seriously, when did this happen???  

We gave him chores to start off the new school year.  He is responsible to get himself dressed, brush his teeth, (I know minimal hygiene - this is even difficult stuff around here!), eat breakfast, clear his dishes off the table, and finally - make his bed.  Wednesday morning he ROCKED the new chores right on out.  I have this strange feeling that the "rocking" won't continue forever, so I should probably be uber-thankful.

LT was all set for his first day with a new backpack and lunchbox.  (Transformers was the theme this year...)  He didn't quite wear the exact outfit I had picked out.  (Substitute sporty shorts and soccer socks instead of the normal/preppy stuff I had picked out...)  Anyways, Corey and I dropped him off for his first day and he was READY to get the party started.  Seriously, he might as well have said "Buh, bye" on our way out.   Although, I will take that any day over drama!  Here is a picture of our little man signing his name on the way into class.  This is one of his "responsibilities" after he arrives in his classroom.