Friday, August 14, 2009

Come one, come all, to the greatest show on earth...

Last week was a busy one at our house. See, it was Auntie Em's last week of summer. You all know the feeling - the feeling of the walls closing in, the classroom all day, and being cooped up in your desk all day long? Well, that is how she felt I can imagine. Last week we kicked off the "Auntie Em Goodbye Summer Campaign" in style.

Sunday we celebrated with birthday dinner for the Gruninger girls approximately 1 month late. Mom had quite the spread for dinner and she made LOBSTERS! I know, we couldn't believe it either. Yum-o!

Monday we left bright and early for a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo. Although we were there for a couple of hours, we didn't cover very much ground...maybe we were moving slower than normal? Either way, we had a great time.  Below is a picture of the boys with a GIANT snake.  Additionally, we took pics on the train JUST before it broke down.  Bummer!  At least we got to ride on it through the tunnel - which is Logan's favorite part :)


Thursday we went to Going Bonkers for a friend's birthday party and partied it up all right!

Finally Friday, we went to the Greatest Show on Earth - Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus! It truly is the greatest show on earth...motorcycles, elephants, horses, tigers, trapeze, clowns - what more could you want in a show???


The bathroom remodel is officially complete. That's right, we have our bathroom back. I honestly have thought about sleeping in the bathtub because I have been enjoying the bathroom that much, but I thought that might be a bit out of control.






Wedding planning is almost done, we are getting geared up for Allyson's bachelorette party in a couple of weeks, then just a couple weeks until the big day! We bought Logan a little outfit to wear and we are hemming the bridesmaids dresses.

2 comments:

Joy said...

AWESOME bathroom! Love it..nice job friend. missing you a bunch!

Val R said...

I had no IDEA that you had a blog!!! Someone got to my site via your site and I came to your site and what a cute blog you have! I added you to my blog roll. I love reading blogs!