Friday, May 22, 2009

Fear of flying?

So I was about to start sewing up a storm on Allyson and Archie's wedding quilt when I thought to myself, "I should go ahead and blog it up instead!"  It has been a little while since my last post, heck, I always say that, huh?  We have been world travelers since my last post and have been gone a little while.

Have you ever been on a flight with a kiddo and been put out by the fact that they were sitting right next to you?  Well, I would like to put you in my shoes...I flew with BOTH boys on the way to visit my BFF Nichole last week.  Some might call me brave and others might call me just plain nuts.  I will tell you that it completely beats me down with the glares and sighs, not to mention the eye rolling when my boys and I walk on to a plane.  Now, I know that many might say that they might cause a ruckuss - and they most often will, but we are passengers too for Pete's sake, and I bought my ticket, just like everyone else did!  There isn't any special 747 dedicated just to children, and there isn't a kid's section devoted to a plane - although there probably should be.  Sorry, just had to vent so that the next time you fly maybe you won't roll your eyes or even think to yourself about how you wish that kiddo wasn't on your flight.  We sure would appreciate that!

Both boys and I flew to North Carolina on Tuesday and we came back Monday.  Corey joined us on Friday to play as well.  The Grahams were awesome hosts and we did quite a bit of sightseeing while we were there.  The boys and mommies went to South Carolina for a few days prior to returning to NC when Corey arrived.  I am going through some serious withdrawal from my "live in Mommy" Miss Nichole.  I think I am a much better Mommy when there is another Mom around to help out.  

While we were in the Carolinas we went to the beach, the aquarium, a drive through zoo of sorts, and an outdoor center with rockclimbing and water rafting.  Logan went rock climbing all by himself and did awesome until I said "Logan, look how high you are" - right about then he decided he was done.  Everyone was TIRED!  It was a jam packed week with all sorts of things to do.  We were sad to leave right before Jack's birthday, although he probably needed some "down time" prior to his big day.  Happy Birthday Jack!
Summer has officially started here at the Trent house, Logan's last day of school was yesterday and we have already started partying.  He had 3 friends over this morning to play and this afternoon we have had some quiet time to recover before the weekend.  Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Graham said...

We miss you! Come back!