Sunday, February 21, 2010

First trip...

Thursday night we had our first "official" trip to the ER. Now, I am sure you are thinking...wowza, you sure have a bunch going on - and now this??? My thoughts exactly! Logan somehow (neither Corey nor myself saw the actual incident) had a collision with the wood floor and his chin. I knew the injury was bad because he seemed to be beside himself regarding the pain immediately. When I took a look at it, I knew we were in for a trip.

I understand now why so many people get stitches on their chin - it is a bad spot. Your head does a lot of moving about, so when you get a hole there, it is a given you will get stitches...which was our case. Mom came over and was hoping to do some skin glue to repair the injury. (This is one of those times I so appreciate having a nurse for a Mom.) Upon seeing the site she knew we were headed into the ER.

We went in and LT did awesome! The shots to numb the site were the worst part...and otherwise, we walked out with 6 blue stitches. How did the doc know it was LT's favorite color? Well, I think they give blue to everyone, but he still felt pretty special. The incident went down at 8pm, we were home and had him in bed by 9:30...not bad!! I think I am blessed to have not been into the ER prior to now...and pretty excited about our first experience.

Brody also wanted to get a shot of his chin:
Sorry to have you look up LT's nose, I couldn't get a good shot of it otherwise!

No comments: